Sunday 21 August 2011

Fairies are too Fierce for their own Name

As always, opinions are my own, so if you don't like my opinion and/or are offended by it, then you can just click the 'x' button and leave, or close your tab. My opinions are my own, and I have the right to have my own opinion... but if I start getting violent, sorry! ;)



Fairies are an up and coming group under the label Vision Factory. Up until now, I haven't really payed attention to these girls - they are primarily a dance/vocal group, and I honestly prefer Idol groups, so of course these girls wouldn't seriously stick out for me. Heck, the only thing I liked about them was their name!

Well, in all honesty, I am still not overly keen on this group - they don't really strike me as anything special, and from what I saw on their video of their debut event, they are all dance and no emotions. Seriously, if I can't see the happiness or extreme joy on their faces, then I don't really care for the group. That's probably why I loved C-ute's latest single so much - you could see how much the girls enjoyed it, but during their debut event... well, they looked bored.

But that's how I see it.

However, to counter-act my negativity on how the group looks emotion wise, I have to say their dancing skills are absolutely amazing! These girls are extremely talented, both in dancing and vocals, and definitely blow my mind when I watch them. Though I wish I could say the same for their A-side song, More Kiss.


Now regarding the first song to their double-A side, More Kiss is a kind of pop-techno song which focuses more so on their choreography than the vocals of the girls. I guess the only thing I don't like about it is the actual beat to the music - it is not my style of song, but that doesn't mean that it won't work for others- of course girl groups will bring out songs we like and songs that we don't - it has always been like that. However, if I give More Kiss a few replays, I have a feeling it will eventually grow on me, much like Morning Musume's Moonlight Night ~Tsukiyo no Ban da yo~, which I initially hated.

In fact, I much prefer their other A-side song, Song For You. It is much more in line with regular pop than its sister song More Kiss and has a good beat to it that I can see myself nodding along to or tapping my foot to. However, this song isn't as much of a dance number as More Kiss is, but it makes for a better song to sing to, and one I can see myself listening to a few times in the near future if I ever decide to buy the single or download the track or find it on youtube again - depends what mood I am in, really.

So overall, I'm still a little bit indifferent to this group. I can see that they are great singers and dancers, and that they are made for the public eye, but I can also see that not all of them are in their comfort zone yet, and that they don't have a passion for what they are doing at this current moment in time. Though they are a popular group who are ready to debut, I feel that Faeries (I feel weird calling them that, they seem too fierce to be faeries) need to grow a bit more and come to love their jobs and initially make that 'spark' that most girl groups have nowadays.

Until then, Fairies, I will just watch you from the sidelines.

What a vague post... >.>

No comments:

Post a Comment