Thursday 16 August 2012

Sea☆A are holding Auditions! YEEEEAAAA- Wait, what!?


Sea☆A (South East AsiaAnime) are holding auditions for new members!? Whaaaaat...?

My sister told me about this news a few days ago, but I don't think that it really sank in until now, because I'm really just wondering why right now as I look up videos of the girls and think about how perfect they all are together as a 4-member group...

However, I will admit that the auditions are really exciting, because I find that auditions in general are quite thrilling for an Idol group, and considering how Sea☆A is a South East Asian based group, with no Japanese girls, who sing in Japanese for anime, I am really intrigued by their auditions because they are specifically looking for girls from South East Asia, and now Japan in general.

Admittedly though, despite my excitement, I am rather confused to as why the girls are holding auditions, because as a four member unit, they all work really well together, and four is a well rounded number too. However, it is the company's decision in the end. I just really freakin' hope that the worst (a graduation) doesn't happen, because I really like all four of the girls. They mould perfectly together~

Well... I am interested to see what sort of girls they find. I would love to see girls from different countries enter than the countries that Beryl, Valerie and Estelle are from, but hey, only time will tell, right?

Anyway, here's some information on the auditions if you are interested!

It started on July 12th (a while back, actually, so they might have a few applicants right about now) and will close on September 9th... whew, I'm a little late on the news! Oops!

Like all auditions, there are qualifications you need to have:

- Residing in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, The Phillipines, Thailand or Vietnam
- Age 15-22 years old (That is honestly a nice age limit)
- Female only (Not surprising xD)
- Interested in Japanese Anime, anisong, Idol and activity as a singer
- Must be able to speak English fluently (Ability to speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay and Japanese as well is an advantage)
- Will need parental consent if under age in their respective country
- Not currently under contract with a record company and/or agent
- No application fee is required for this audition
Applicants are required to bear their own costs for this audition (it can include travel expenses, transport accommodation, food and beverage etc)

Winners of the audition will get to join the group as well as sign a contract with HoriPro, one of Japan's top management companies. All three of the selection rounds will take place in Singapore on the 22nd of September, 13th of October and 14th of October.

Also, regarding the auditions, Sea☆A have revealed that they hope to become quite similar to AKB48 after their auditions, so I'm thinking that they will become a bigger group with a rotation system, or just a bigger group. So... something to look forward to, I guess!



...

The auditions are interesting, and whilst I love Sea☆A as it is now, I do admit that I am quite excited. I look forward to seeing just who will be brought into the group, and how they will be as Idols. Already, Sea☆A are a strong group in terms of vocals and dancing, so to have new members would be an interesting process to watch... that, and they may all be Otaku! That's always great!

Here are some video's from the girls themselves, talking about the charms of their group and what they like about it, or what they like themselves. The videos are short but to the point, and give the auditionees a good idea of what to expect if they just so happen to join this cute group!

Valerie version:


Beryl version:


Estelle version:


Wynnie version:


And if you are unfamiliar with the girls, here are some live versions of some of their songs for you to listen to! Go on, you know you want to!







Chiima~

PING!!! Idolminded Recommended Reading: August 16th, 2012

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THEM.

    But yeah I'm also confused as to why they're holding auditions...this should be interesting though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I'm anticipating it, but I'm still not sure how I feel... xD

      Delete