Saturday 15 December 2012

Let's all have a Merry Pin Xmas!

All thoughts and opinions are my own and no one else's. If you don't like what I write, then simply do not read; I have no time for those who have no time to respect another person's opinion, either.

On a random day to Christmas, my Idols gave to me...
Merry Pin Xmas for me~


Ever since I discovered Hello! Project, there has been on Christmas song that has stuck with me for the past three years since becoming a Morning Musume fan, and I highly doubt that you need to know what it's called, because if you do, then what rock do you live under?

Wa~ Merry Pin Xmas is my favourite Christmas song - it gets me all worked up for one of the merriest holidays of the year and is one of the cutest, most Idol-like Christmas songs out there which is extremely cheerful and peppy to the point where you want to spew Angels, Rainbows and Unicorns. It's adorable, and I listen to it without fail every year.

Heck, I sometimes even listen to it in the summer to shake things up a little bit, it's that addicting!

This is only the second song released by Rainbow Pink back in 2006, after Koharu had one massive growth spurt (I kid not), and is present on the 7.5 Fuyu Fuyu Morning Musume Mini! album. By far this is one of my favourite songs from that mini-album, and my favourite Rainbow Pink song to date.

Wa~ Merry Pin Xmas is, in my opinion, Rainbow Pink's best song created out of the three that they managed to release. It showcases both Sayumi and Koharu's voices very well, allowing the girls to sound cute but not as infuriatingly adorable as they were in their debut, self-titled song, Rainbow Pink. I think that Sayu sounds absolutely wonderful here; the instrumental really compliments her voice, and the same goes for Koharu; their cuteness simply enhances the sound of this song and makes it so much more effective and a lot more enjoyable to listen to, because cuteness is essentially the key with this song.

It also sounds extremely Christmassy, and not the bland sort of Christmassy, either - it sounds fun, energetic and quite childish, something that I would expect from a classic Christmas Jingle back in the 70's or 80's when Christmas songs were popular to create and share with the world. The sound of the instrumental just reminds you of Christmas, and you can't help but get into the spirit when you hear it. Honestly speaking, it reminds me of snow and sitting by the fire when the song opens up - it just has that magical sense of Christmas added to it which makes me think of those things when I hear this song, and I enjoy it because of how strong the sense of Christmas is in this song.

It's adorable, but it's also extremely enjoyable and such fun to listen to. I think that Wa~ Merry Pin Xmas is a great Christmas song. It's one of my favourites, and I think it will continue to be for a very long time, because so far, I haven't gotten sick of this song yet.

Merry Pin Xmas for YOU!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think my favourite has to be Aitai Lonely Christmas. I'm sure if there are more reminders, I would probably choose a different one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that song a lot too! Not my favourite, but it's Christmassy and speaks out to a lot of people who don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend for Christmas IMO

      Delete