Tuesday 15 October 2013

I have some News... It's Good, I Promise!

I have news for everyone! So, back in my last Digest, I mentioned that I had something to tell you all. Whether you saw it or not is beyond me (Sonda, I know you did ;D) but, when I wrote that, I was waiting for the 'right time', which was essentially when whatever I am going to talk about went live/public, and now that it has, I will tell you all.

The News is this... Sonda, drum roll, please... I am now a writer for NekoPOP! WHOOP WHOOP! -hears only silence-

... Whether you find it exciting or not is up to you, but for me, it truly is exciting!

So basically, yes, I am going to be contributing for another site. After thinking about it for a while when I first found the site NekoPOP, I decided to contact David, the owner, explaining my desire to write for the site. This was in September, and after a week, I thought that I was not what they looked for in a writer, and put it to the back of the my mind. However, I was surprised to find an e-mail from David in early October, and even more surprised to find out that I had been successful in my application (I say application, but really, I just e-mailed haha!). Needless to say, I am still really happy about it!

Now, I know what some may think; am I really going to do this? I mean, I already contribute to Idolminded and Selective Hearing, as well as Pure Idol Heart sometimes, as well as have my own blog... so is it necessary to go for another blog? Taking on one blog, let alone another four, will become quite a busy task and hobby (especially come the time that I head off to University... yikes!) and I may have to start dividing what I do between sites. Of course, I did think of this before thinking of applying for a writers position with NekoPOP, and I know that I will become a bit busier, especially given that I have work as well now and also planning for future things, but this is honestly what I want to do.

My plan is to become a writer in the future; I want to write as a profession, whether that position is as an author, a script writer, journalist or movie critic, this is what I want. I love writing, and I love sharing writing with people. I especially love sharing my thoughts and feelings on the things I love, Japanese Idols, the music and the videos, with all of you. Being a writer on not just this blog, but Idolminded, Selective Hearing, Pure Idol Heart and now NekoPOP allows me to do this on a larger platform, and also allows me to gain experience. Before now, I really thought nothing of actually using all of these blogs as potential references to my writing on a CV or resume, but after thinking seriously about wanting to take up writing as a full time career, I have realised how valuable all of this writing experience on all of these sites has become. Thanks to these sites, I have learned a lot about writing from those who own the sites; they guide me, and enable me to give my thoughts whilst trying to keep my writing clean and thoughtful, as well as offence-free (completely different to my free-style writing on here).

So yes, I have joined another site, but this time I joined with the knowledge that I would become busy, but I am happy to take on a new site to write for. I really want to become a writer, and being a part of these blogs is enabling me to do that already. I am gaining such wonderful and valuable experience, and I am really happy that I am able to write with so many great people whilst also writing for you guys on here. I hope that you will read what I write on NekoPOP, or just check the site out and see what it has to offer. You may be surprised by how different my writing is! The site itself has been around since early 2012, so it is younger than Okay! Musume Time is (weird, I know!) but it is an exciting new chapter for me.

Also, it seems that from today on, I am starting to use the term 'freelance writer' for myself. Before now I never saw myself that way, but Ray of Idolminded once said 'You are a Freelance writer' in a message to me (there was more, but that's the part I must highlight) and now that I think about it, I am indeed a freelance writer. It is exciting to think that way, because writing is something I have loved since I was a little girl, and that is the career path I am taking on.

I will be busy from now on, but I will try my best! Thank you very much for reading everyone!!! I love you all! >3<

Writing, like music, is Universal, and I want to share both with many others, regardless of my whereabouts.

SAPPY POST... END!!!

Relevant Links:

NekoPOP
NekoPOP Berryz Kobo Single Review (by Chiima (My real name is used XD))
NekoPOP Facebook
NekoPOP Twitter

PING!!! Recommended Community Reading: October 2013

12 comments:

  1. EVERYBODY (*coughs* Chiiderp *coughs*) HAPPY!?!?!?!?!
    *does an godawful Rika imitation*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you have the cutest Rika imitation ;3 <3 -hugs-

      Delete
    2. Only for you, my dearest <3

      Delete
  2. That's great, Chiima! I'm happy for you! HUGS! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU ;3; <3 -hugs you lots and never lets gooooo!-

      Delete
  3. CONGRAGGALATIONS!!! Best of luck--you'll kick butt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara, arigatou! ;w; and yes... I SHALL KICK THE BUTTS >D

      Delete
  4. WOOHOO! Go, Chiima, go! *Sonda shakes pom-poms* *Sonda ignores booing and thrown fruit*

    I just tripped and hit myself in the face a minute ago and want to curl up into a ball until the pain is gone but, with bag of frozen peas covering one eye, I read this and now the throbbing of my nose and upper lip come a distant second to the upwelling of pride that has replaced it. I am so happy for you, Chiima! More Chiima everywhere can only mean the internet just got even better! Chase those dreams! Dreams are not fast enough to outrun Chiima!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, pom poms *^* -shakes with you- I loooove pom poms 8D and they aren't booing, they cheering! ;w;

      Your comments, they make me sad (cos you are hurt) and then happy (cos you compliment me when I don't deserve it x3) so thank you very much! I will chase this dream with all my might! GANBATTE! Sonda-chan, chase your dream, too! CHASE IT WITH MEEEE! <3

      Delete
  5. Congrads!! This is really good news and I'm so happy for you! Work hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Moon-chan ;A; I am happy with this comment <3 I will work hard!

      Delete