Saturday 8 July 2017

[Music Selection] June '17

Let's sing together! With June well and truly out the way, it's time to celebrate the joys of July and the Summer it brings! Come forth, music of the sun, and let your energetic beats play! But before July's music can think to even leave an impression upon us, I think it's time to take a look at the songs of June, and see what our darling Idols have delivered for us!

Are you prepared for the sweet music that is about to play?


June was partially dominated by C-ute, due to their graduation that took place last month, but I have been able to listen to more music, aside from that. Honestly though, I've been busy, so the list isn't as big as I would like it to be. I feel like June especially, I really didn't take much notice in what was being released. Still, what I've listened to, I have enjoyed. Hopefully, you will enjoy it, too.

Of course, as always, if there are any songs on here you dislike, or there are songs missing that you have personally enjoyed, please do remember that this is a one-woman blog, and that everything posted here are the songs that I have enjoyed from the month gone by. It's all a matter of preference, and for me, these are the preferred songs of the month, past, present and future!

If you have any songs you would like to share with me, though, please do! I am open to hearing new songs and finding new groups. Please share with me, and let me listen to the songs and Idols you love!

Now, it's time to play some music! Let's press play, and sing along with energy and joy! Are you ready?

START!! 🎶

.。.:*♪*:.。..。.:*♪*:.。.

The music of June shall flow! From the month gone by, I have gathered together music that has pleased me, from the past, present, and the future! Hopefully, there will be something for everyone to enjoy in this post, but fear not! If you don't see anything here you enjoyed, it may come up in future posts, or you can let me know about it, and share what you enjoy, too! It would be fun to find out your own favourites from the month gone by!

It was a good trip for music in June, and though I definitely have certain types of songs I enjoy, I feel like there is a good mix here, in style and quality. Some are a tad more generic than others, and few are truly wonderful and original in their sounds. But I do wonder; which ones will appeal to you, as well? It's time to sit back, let the music play, and find out!

Press play, and put on those headphones. It's time to be taken in by these Idols and their beautiful atmosphere...~

Kirei・Kawaii・Mirai by PRINK CRES. (2017.06.28)

I didn't think that PINK CRES. would be my flavour of music, however, after listening to their debut mini-album, I stand corrected. It's a fun, entertaining mix of music, and though not all of it calls out to me, I enjoyed it thoroughly. And yes, Kirei・Kawaii・Mirai is my favourite song from the lot. What can I say, I like the cutesy, generic shite.

I mean, how can you not enjoy this? It's a really nice sound, and it just feels oh-so friendly and cheerful. As a song, it's inviting and pleasant, and it's not a bitch on the ears. I applaud all of the girls here, they sound wonderful, and have done a great job at showing off their energy and delight (with Miyabi actually lacking the most, despite her career as an Idol. I guess the other two are just more honest singers, emotion wise).

This is a pretty song, and I won't deny my liking for it. It's a quirky little track, and it deserves praise. If you've not given it a listen, definitely take it for a whirl, if you ever get the chance to. It's fun and sweet, just like the title might suggest! It's pretty, cute, and filled with hope for the future of PINK CRES.

OH, OH, OH!

GiANT KiLLERS by BiSH (2017.06.28)

I am slowly but surely getting into BiSH. They are a fun group, and I'm glad that, finally, they're going into the freakier side of music and videos. I mean, GiANT KiLLERS is freakin' dark, but it's entertaining as all heck. I want to see more of this, because a brutal BiSH is an awesome BiSH. Give me more of this, and more of this music! It's damn wonderful.

GiANT KiLLERS is definitely unique, to the other songs presented here. It isn't a cute and quirky track, filled with happiness and flowers. It's loud and harsh, growly and filled with yelling. It's a rock song, and it definitely won't appeal to everyone, especially if you enjoy the softer sound of music. If you enjoy anti-Idols, though, I say go for this one, because it's a cracking score of music.

Well, it is to me, at least.

I've not listened to this one much, but ever since I watched the MV, I've wanted to listen to it more. It's a great piece,and it calls to me. I sometimes like everything dark, and to stir up this selection of music for June 2017, I think this is the perfect track to take us to the dark side. Cuteness and ballads be damned, it's time for something twisted. Wanna listen with me?
Namida Iro no Ketsui by ANGERME (2017.06.21)

Of all the songs on ANGERME's latest single, this is the one that stands out to me. Ai sae and Megu-chan aren't really my flavour of biscuit, with Ai sae being forgettable and bland, and Meg-chan being... well, forgettable and bland. Namida Iro no Ketsui, however, has stuck in my head, and I enjoy it a great deal. I like the PV, too, save for the giant CGI tear they refused to pop. God damn, that was disappointing.

I think the song is pretty and refined, and though I understand why a good chunk of the Western fandom might not enjoy it (cause, ballads aren't entertaining, it seems), I think it has its charms. I love the clean sound, the pretty instrumental and the bittersweet vocals filled with sadness and hope. It's a sweet song, and it means something. Namida Iro no Ketsui feels personal, and I think that ANGERME - Rikako and Murotan especially - did a good job at portraying the emotion of the song through their singing.

It's a pleasant, simple song, and I get that it might not appeal to others, however, I love it. It's a style of song that I appreciate. It's endeared itself to me, and I hope I listen to it more and more over the course of the year. It's to pretty to forget, and it's too personal to discard. ANGERME have done a good job, and saved a sub-par single with this song. Thank goodness.

Yosei Secret by Fairy Girl☆Freyja (2017.06.21)

Here's a cute and bubbly song to get the cheer meter up again! Bringing their first single, Fairy Girl☆Freyja, a sub-unit of the group Magical School, have charmed me with the sweet sound of Yosei Secret, though I was originally drawn in by the music video. Very quickly, however, I have come to adore this song in all of its sweet and cheerful glory. It's a pleasant, entertaining release, and very easy on the ears. By no means, is it that original, but I do enjoy it greatly.

And if I enjoy it, then that's what matters! There's no point in listening to what you dislike, right?

Yosei Secret is a simple but catchy song, and every time I listen to it, I want to sing along and dance. It's just so fun and appealing, and far too cute beyond words. I love this song so much, and I'm glad I found it when I did. It cheers me right up, and fills my ears with loveliness!

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it suits me just fine. It's the sort of song I go to when I want something easy to listen to. It's not too loud, nor is it too soft. It's just a nice little pop song, filled with smiles and delight. What more could I ask for, from two lovely fairies with Angel wings?

May Roll-Over

START!! by PartyRocketsGT (2017.05.17)

START!! is no amazing song, but by the gawds, I love it. It's got the right amount of energy, and it makes me feel like I can do anything. It's a positive, cheer-you-up Idol song, and I can see this track being a popular one for concerts. It has the right amount of pep and bounce.

Every time I hear this song, I am entertained. Like Yosei Secret, I just want to join in and dance along. It makes me smile, cheering me right up, which is what I expect from your typical Idol pop track. It's filled with happiness, and yeah, I could totally listen to this one all day. Hopefully, I'll keep listening to it for a while longer, because it's pretty addictive.

You know, for the great amount I complain about generic tracks, I sure do like a good chunk of 'em, don't I?

START!! is enjoyable, and a treat to listen to, in my eyes. I think it's worth the chance, and even if it is a little generic, sometimes, we need more vanilla in our lives. It rounds off the rest of our palette nicely, and gives us a breather from the heavier tracks we hear daily. So, yeah. Scoop some of this vanilla into your cone, and enjoy. Bon Appétit!

Kimi no Uta by Yasuda Rei (2017.05.24)

Yasuda Rei is still new for me, however, the songs I have heard from her are damn heavenly, and Kimi no Uta is, thus far, the most heavenly of them all. It's such a sad, powerful song, and I get the feels whenever I hear it. It also inspires me greatly, and I can't help but think that this song would be great for writing to.

In all seriousness, though: Have y'all heard her voice? This woman is an Angel, and if you've never listened to a Yasuda Rei track in your life, go and find something by her, now. She's beautiful.

I doubt I could ever get sick of this song, it's so pure and divine. I absolutely love it. By far, this is my favourite from this goddess, most likely because it is a pop ballad. It's just so sad in its sound, and beautiful in execution. And Rei's voice, to top it all off, perfectly enhances the emotions of the instrumental.

It's a gorgeous sound, only made better by a gorgeous singer. Give Kimi no Uta a chance, and see if Yasuda Rei impresses you. Even if the song isn't to your taste, please, listen to Yasuda Rei, and fall in love with her voice. She's a gem, and deserving of every listen. A beautiful, wonderful track, by a fantastic singer.

U-Turns

Just be yourself by The World Standard (2017.04.19)

Okay, we're back with this one. It's like a bloody merry-go-round, but I do love it. Just be yourself is such a cute, catchy song, and it just fills me with such joy! It's a song that never fails to put a smile on my face, come rain or shine, and if you still haven't heard this little gem... well, what rock have you been living under!? Go find it on youtube, and fall in love with the cuteness of wa-suta!

Though this is their most stereotypical song out there, I just love the overall sweetness of Just be yourself. It's a catchy, enjoyable track, and the twinkling sounds of the instrumental are oh-so Idol, and oh-so sweet. This pastel-filled song brings me such joy... ahhh, I just want to listen to it all day!

Well, there are other songs to go through, so I'll press pause, for now. Let's move on, and enjoy even more music!

Jidanda Dance by Juice=Juice (2017.04.26)

Before, it was a loathed song. Now, I enjoy it! What the fuck is wrong with me?

Clearly, my tastebuds are changing rapidly. I seem to really like what I dislike more and more, these days, and though I have issues with some aspects of this song, still, I do think it's an energetic, entertaining piece of wonderful weirdness. Actually, it's nice to hear and see this type of track from Juice=Juice. I didn't think they had it in them to stop being serious, for at least one song.

In all seriousness, though, this is a great track. It's filled with weirdness and wonder, and I feel like the girls had an absolute blast with this one. It's a little heavier on the personality, too, in how they use their vocals, and how they react and interact in the MV. Sayuki especially is wonderful here, and I can't help but like her more, thanks to Jidanda Dance.

It's a little treat for the ears, I think, and a perfect summer track filled with silliness and entertainment. And, if you think about it, it's like an old H!P summer release. Not at all serious, but fun and entertaining. This one can go into the ranks of Shiawase Kyouryuu Ondo, Summer Reggae! Rainbow, Koi no Dance Site, and more. What a quirky track, eh!

Akai Freesia by Melon Kinenbi (2003.01.29)

I am a fiend for this song, because holy crap, Akai Freesia is amazing. Next to Koi ING, it's one of my favourite Hello! Pro tracks out there. I really do love the pretty sounding ones, don't I? Well, this is definitely one of the prettiest, and I can't help but sing this whenever it comes on. It's beautiful, and one of my Top Tier songs, always.

I don't really know what I can say about this song, other than that I truly do love it. It's such a simple, beautiful song, with a lovely sound that appeals greatly to me. I found out about this song during my years in fan-dubbing, and ever since, I've adored it. It's an easy song to sing, too, which heightens its appeal. I like anything that I can join in with, and feel like I'm a part of. Also, the vocals are bloody gorgeous. Sweet and cute, enhancing a light and pretty instrumental.

It's not a complex song, by any means, but Akai Freesia is such a gem. I really hope that it's not forgotten, because like Koi ING, it's a great track for many members of Hello! Project to sing along to, and I love hearing the various members sing it in concert or during Birthday Lives. Hopefully, I'll hear Eripon sing it one time. She's not the best singer out there, I know, but... I wanna hear her sing it!

Monthly JUMP!

Sayonara Duarena by Houkago Princess (2017.07.19)

Good grief, this song sounds even better with headphones on. I mean, I was excited before, because Swan Lake, but after the PV preview was finally released on July 1st, I can no longer wait for the full music video and song to come out, because hell, Sayonara Duarena is genius. It's pure beauty, this song, and one of the best I have heard from the group.

And damn, I love all their songs, but this... Holy shit, this is a masterpiece, and I'm in awe. How the fuck is it that they keep getting better, with each new release!? I truly thought they'd be getting shit, by now, because that's what usually happens. But, nope. They just keep showcasing how diverse and original they are, their maturity, and improving their style more and more. Seriously, if this doesn't get high on the Oricon charts, I might riot. It's a damn treasure, guys!

I'm really anticipating this release. It's amazing, and if you haven't listened to the preview yet, please do. It's gorgeous, pleasing for the ears, and truly amazing. Another work of art, from the Idols who become Princess after 4pm! I wonder what they'll have in store for us next time? We shall have to wait and see~

.。.:*♪*:.。..。.:*♪*:.。.

And there we go, the Music Selection for June 2017! A flurry of flavours and tunes for everyone to dig into, but for the past month, what was your favourite track? Let me know, and share with everyone your songs of choice!

Now, it's time to anticipate the songs of July, and see what summer brings us! Are you looking for sultry summer vibes, or energetic sounds filled with cheer and cuteness? Whatever it might be, let's look forward to July's track list next month, and enjoy all the music that flows! Bring on the power of summer, and the music that comes with it!

Until next time, everyone! Please take care, stay happy and healthy, wear sunscreen when you go outside, and ENJOY THE IDOLS! Thank you for reading, and for enjoying music with me once again!

Peace and Happiness, my lovelies.
Chiima~

No comments:

Post a Comment